A garlicky pizza crust topped with creole-seasoned shrimp and sausage took home bragging rights in our 6th Annual "Fantasy Foodball" Competition.
Try the other recipes that were entered in our "Fantasy Foodball" competition:
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough
- Melted butter
- 2 ½ tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespookn minced garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup Holy Trinity mix (finely chopped onion, green bell pepper, and celery)
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¾ to 1 pound medium-size shrimp, devined
- 2 andouille sausage links, sliced
- 1 ¼ cups store-bought tomato sauce
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 450˚F.
Stretch pizza dough on a lightly floured surface to fit a pizza stone or inverted baking sheet. Brush dough with melted butter and ½ tablespoon olive oil, then sprinkle with minced garlic and parsley.
In two separate skillets, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. To one pan, add the red bell pepper, ½ cup Holy Trinity mix, 1 tablespoon each garlic powder and cajun seasoning, and ½ teaspoon oregano. Add shrimp and cook until pink and cooked through, 7 to 8 minutes. To the other pan, add the remaining ½ cup Holy Trinity mix, 1 tablespoon each garlic powder and cajun seasoning, and ½ teaspoon oregano. Add sausage and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 5 minutes.
Spread tomato sauce on pizza dough, leaving a border, and scatter ½ cup mozzarella on top. Top with shrimp mixture, then sausage mixture, and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella. Bake until cooked through and crust is golden, 12 to 15 minutes.