Just because you and your spouse work in the same profession doesn’t mean you approach your work in the same way. This is especially true for celebrity designers and husbands, Nate Berkus and Jeremiah Brent. Their new TLC show, Nate and Jeremiah by Design, which premieres tomorrow at 9pm, celebrates and follows the couple as they design and renovate homes together. (Worth mentioning: their adorable two-year-old daughter, Poppy, also makes the occasional appearance.)
When Rachael challenges each man to design the same space - using the same accessories and furniture - the results are surprisingly and delightfully varied. Check out the video above to see how they did!
Nate’s top tips are:
1. Be creative with your shelving options
2. Try to incorporate nature into home decor whenever possible
3. You don’t always need a coffee tables when side tables can suffice
Jeremiah’s tips are:
1. Utilize rugs to play with the look of a space
2. Switch up your sofa look by changing out accessories like pillows and textiles
3. Play with space and angles - and don't worry about creating perfect angles. (“I hate when everything feels perfect because life isn’t perfect,” Jeremiah says.)
Nate says working together on a reality and renovation show is a “test of a marriage.” He adds, “We want to spend time together and it’s so much better for us as a family to be doing this as a family.”
When it comes to what is the most important thing to their family, both Nate and Jeremiah are gaga over their sweet daughter, Poppy. What they might not be so gaga over is tasting her food. Check out the video below to see Rach’s delight as she asks them to blindly taste-test pureed baby food.