- 3 medium to large ripe avocados
- 1/2 medium white or red onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, cored, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeño pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits and scoop the flesh into a large bowl. Whisk with a fork or mash with a potato masher to your desired texture, mixing in the remaining ingredients as you go.
Cover with plastic wrap, pressing it down on the surface of the guacamole. Refrigerate until serving time.