- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, not packed
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 1/4 cups over ripe mashed bananas, around 3 large bananas
- 1/2 cup dehydrated strawberries
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons rainbow sprinkles
- 1/4 cup walnuts pieces, toasted
- 6 each maraschino cherries, halved, for topping
- 2 tablespoons rainbow sprinkles, for topping
- Caramel sauce, for topping
- Whipped cream, for topping
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-by-5 loaf pan with cooking spray.
In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; set aside. In another bowl, mash the bananas until smooth.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar for 3 to 5 minutes at medium speed, or until fluffy. With the mixer still on medium speed, add in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla, sour cream and mashed banana, mixing until fully incorporated. Turn the mixer off and add the flour mixture; beat on low speed until just combined (don’t over-mix). With a spatula or large spoon, gently fold in the dehydrated strawberries, chocolate chips, rainbow sprinkles, and walnuts.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan; top with maraschino cherries and more sprinkles, then bake in the oven for 1 hour, or until an inserted toothpick comes out cleanly.
Let loaf cool 5 min in the pan; remove, then cool on a rack 10 to 15 min more. Slice and serve topped with a drizzle of caramel sauce, whipped cream, and more sprinkles… Enjoy!
Skillet Banana Cake
Rice-Cooker Banana Bread
Banana 'Ice Cream' Fakeout