Culinary Producer Grant Melton shares an easy recipe for ice cream that’s as good as its namesake dessert, only cold and refreshing.
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 (14 ounce) container sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant banana pudding
- 1 cup vanilla wafer cookies, crushed
- Bananas, salted caramel, whipped cream and salted peanuts, for serving
In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat heavy cream until soft peaks form. With the mixer on, add the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla bean paste or extract. Once combined, add the pudding packet and mix until well combined. Remove the bowl from the mixer and fold in the vanilla wafer cookies. Pour the mixture into a 5-by-10-inch loaf pan. Place the loaf pan into the freezer for at least 2 hours or until frozen.
When ready to serve, let ice cream sit at room temperature 10 minutes, then scoop into a dish over sliced bananas. Top with salted caramel sauce, whipped cream and salted peanuts.