This classic, creamy coleslaw gets its extra-special flavor from dry mustard powder and celery seed mixed into the dressing.
Guy puts this slaw on his Bourbon Brown Sugar BBQ Fried Chicken Sandwich (starring his Brined & Fried Chicken Tenders + his Special Sauce). Complete the meal with Guy's over-the-top Cereal Milk Milkshakes.
- ½ white cabbage, cored and shredded
- ¼ red cabbage, cored and shredded
- ¼ cup shredded carrot (about 1), shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon whole grain mustard
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- About 2 teaspoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard powder
- About ½ teaspoon celery seed
In a mixing bowl, combine the cabbages and carrots until evenly distributed.
In the bowl of a food processor, combine the dressing ingredients and process until combined.
Add 1 cup dressing to the cabbage mixture and toss until combined. Season to taste, adding more dressing as desired.