Hilaria Baldwin shares her recipe for healthy dark chocolate pancakes that also sneak in spinach + pea protein.
She just eyeballs it when making the batter, so here are rough amounts to try.
- 2 cups whole grain pancake mix
- ½ cup chocolate pea protein mix
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 1 to 2 handfuls spinach or baby kale
- 2 to 4 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- Ground cinnamon, to taste
- 4 squares dark chocolate
- Preferred toppings, for serving
Add all ingredients to a blender, then blend and pulse until just combined with lumps remaining and adding more non-dairy milk to thin out the batter as needed.
Heat a griddle or nonstick pan to medium heat. Grease pan, if desired.
Spoon about ¼ cup batter per pancake. Cook until bubbles begin to appear on top, then flip and cook for another minute or so.
Serve immediately with preferred toppings.