Blood orange juice + sparkling red wine + vodka + a splash of brandy = a yummy bright red “blood” colored concoction from Rach’s husband John that’s perfect for Halloween parties.
- 1 pound seedless black grapes, stemmed
- 1 quart blood orange juice
- 1 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup brandy
- One 750-ml bottle Lambrusco
- 1/2 cup Apple Spiced Simple Syrup
- 2 blood oranges, sliced crosswise into wheels
The day before, put the grapes in a bundt pan, cover with water and freeze.
Combine juice, vodka, brandy, Lambrusco and simple syrup in a large punch bowl and stir gently.
Garnish with the ice and orange slices, and serve in glass mugs.