How To Make Moroccan Nachos With Pita Chips | Rachael Ray
How To Make Grilled Lamb or Chicken Kebabs | #StayHome With Rach…
How To Make Muenster Burgers with Sriracha Special Sauce By Rach…
How To Make Tahini Caesar Salad From "Rachael Ray 50" Cookbook
How To Make Carnitas With Pork Butt or Pork Tenderloin | Taco Ni…
How To Make Chicken Noodle Soup With Chicken Chips | Rachael Ray
How To Make Paprika Chicken with Pimento Peppers + Potato Chips …
How To Make Cheesy Croutons | Rachael Ray
How To Make Eggplant Stacks With Ham | Rachael Ray
How To Make Ribollita with Porcini Mushrooms | Rachael Ray
How To Make Cheeseburger Rice | Rachael Ray
Rach shares a global take on nachos made with pita chips, hummus + spiced ground chicken, beef or lamb.
Try pairing these with John's Moroccan MarTeaNi.
- Two 14-ounce cans chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons tahini paste
- 3 tablespoons white miso (or double the tahini)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- 2 teaspoons Aleppo chili powder, hot paprika or chili powder
- ½ teaspoon each ground cumin, ground coriander and ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon OR 1½ teaspoons ras el hanout (Moroccan spice blend)
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon (or pulp of preserved lemon, if using in recipe below)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- About 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 pound ground chicken, lamb or beef
- 1 small yellow or red onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin (scant palmful)
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander (scant palmful)
- 1½ teaspoons ground turmeric (½ palmful)
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo chili powder, chili powder blend or hot paprika (⅓ palmful)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika/pimenton
- 1 preserved lemon, peel cut into strips and pulp used for hummus OR fresh lemon, zest and juice
- 1 cup Moroccan green olives in jar, drained
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro and flat parsley, chopped, to finish and garnish
- 2 bags pita chips, sea salt or multi-grain
- 2½ to 3 cups shredded mozzarella
- Labneh or Greek yogurt, for dolloping
- Hot pickled Italian cherry peppers or jalapeño peppers
- 2 plum or vine tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 white onion, finely chopped, or scallions, thinly sliced on bias
For hummus, place about ⅔ of the chick peas in a food processor with tahini and miso (if using), the garlic, sumac, spices, salt, preserved lemon pulp or fresh lemon zest and juice, and EVOO. Process until smooth, adding about ¼ cup water as needed to thin a bit, adjust salt and transfer to a bowl and combine with coarsely mashed remaining chick peas.
For the meat topping, place a rack at center oven and preheat to 450˚F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
Heat EVOO in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add meat and brown, then add onions, garlic, salt and pepper. Add spices and stir a few minutes. Add about ¾ cup water and let it absorb. Add lemon and olives and half the cilantro and parsley.
Arrange the chips on the parchment and top with hummus, meat, and mozzarella cheese, then bake to brown and bubbly. Top with dollops of Labneh or Greek yogurt, peppers, tomatoes, onions and remaining cilantro and parsley.