Rachael & John's Pizza Night Menu | #StayHome
We're Gearing Up For The Biggest Day In Football With Brandon Co…
Rach's Lemon Risotto + The Best Deals For Valentine's Day Gifts …
Bob Harper Joins Rach For Pasta Night + Makeover For Viewer Who …
Rob Lowe On Working With His Son on 9-1-1 Lone Star + Rach's Roa…
Rob Lowe On His "West Wing" Pride + What It's Like Working With …
How To Make Instant Pot Sausage & Shells | 20 Minute Meal | Pres…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne On His Covid Wedding: "We got married b…
What Are Rachael & John Reading Right Now? | Books To Read In 20…
How To Make Raw Mushroom & Escarole Salad | Rachael Ray
How To Make a Sage Advice Cocktail | John Cusimano
Even though it's just the two of them in the house right now, Rach & John love throwing a homemade pizza party using their wood-fired pizza oven — and they leave pies outside for their friends and family to pick up, too.
But if you don't have a pizza oven, no problem!
"[Using a pizza oven] is the same principle as preheating your oven with slate or pizza stones for at least an hour before you cook," Rach says. "Turn the oven as high as it goes and get the stones hot."
Using Rach's Naples-Style Pizza Dough or Same-Day Pizza Dough (or store-bought dough!), make as many pies as your heart desires. Rach's Pizza Party Menu includes four variations — "The Rachael," "The John," Zucchini & Ramp Pizza and Potato & Garlic Pizza. Plus, she loves serving her Cast-Iron Skillet Pizza with Zucchini "Pepperoni," too.
As for John, he brought his Basilica Cocktail to the party!
- About ½ cup Easy Pizza Sauce
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella and provolone , combined
- ¼ cup hot cherry pepper rings
- About 1 thinly sliced green and/or red bell pepper or frying/cubanelle peppers
- ½ red onion, very thinly sliced
- About ½ cup Easy Pizza Sauce
- 8 to 10 slices hot soppressata
- 1 ½ cups smoked mozzarella
- 3 tablespoons grated pecorino cheese (Rach & John's go-to is Locatelli)
- Torn fresh basil, to serve
- Crushed red pepper flakes , to serve
- Extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- 4 to 5 ramps, spring onions or scallions, chopped, whites and greens separated
- Extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 cup ricotta
- ½ cup grated pecorino cheese (Rach & John's go-to is Locatelli), plus more for topping
- Generous pinch ground fennel, fennel pollen or fennel seed, optional
- Zucchini flowers, stamen removed, or very thinly sliced baby zucchini, for topping
- Sliced or shredded fresh mozzarella
- Crushed red chili flakes, for topping
- Honey, for drizzling
- 5 baby potatoes
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 bulbs garlic, peeled
- About 3 tablespoons sliced fresh sage, plus torn leaves, for topping
- 1 ½ cups shredded Fontina Val d'Aosta, gruyere or mozzarella
- Grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, for topping
- Truffle oil, optional
Preheat pizza stones on rack in center at 550˚F for 1 hour.
Place ¼ dough on floured surface, flip to coat, then roll out to a 10- to 12-inch round. Carefully wrap the dough over the rolling pin, then place rolled out dough on floured pizza peel.
For The Rachael: Top the dough with a thin layer of sauce. Add most of the cheese, then arrange hot peppers, sweet peppers and onions on top. Sprinkle with a little more cheese. Bake on hot pizza stone in oven to crisp, brown and bubbly.
For The John: Top the dough with a thin layer of sauce. Arrange the hot soppressata on top, then some smoked mozzarella and more soppressata. Sprinkle with pecorino cheese (Rach & John's go-to is Locatelli) and an extra sprinkle of smoked mozzarella. Bake on hot pizza stone in oven to crisp, brown and bubbly. Top with basil and red chili flakes, drizzle with olive oil and serve.
For Zucchini & Ramp Pizza: Sauté the whites of ramps in olive oil with salt. Mix ricotta with ramps, pecorino, and, if using, a sprinkle of ground fennel. Top pizza dough with ramp ricotta, then spread gently and evenly. Top with zucchini flowers in a big sun pattern or very thinly sliced baby zucchini sliced on a mandolin or by hand. Scatter mozzarella on top along with ramp greens, more mozzarella and a few more flowers, and then sprinkle with pecorino cheese. Bake to crisp and brown and bubbly. Top with chili flakes and a drizzle of honey to serve.
For Potato & Garlic Pizza: Parboil 5 baby potatoes for 5 minutes, then drain, cool and very thinly slice. In a pot, combine olive oil with garlic over low heat and simmer until garlic turns to mush, then add sage. Slather dough gently with garlic paste and top with a thin layer of potatoes. Top potatoes with fontina, then sprinkle with parm. Roast to bubbly and brown, top with truffle oil, if using, and torn sage leaves.