This is delish served over Rach's Stuffing Swirl Rolled Turkey Breast with Cheddar-Chive Mashed Cauliflower.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Coarse black pepper
- 2 rounded tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup cloudy, fresh apple cider
- 2 cups turkey or chicken stock
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- About 1 tablespoon real maple syrup, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 2 scant tablespoons grainy mustard
Melt butter in a medium skillet or a saucepot over medium to medium-high heat then add the black pepper to toast. Whisk in flour, add cider and let it bubble up. Add stock and thicken a bit. Add Worcestershire, maple syrup and salt, adjusting flavor of your gravy as you work. Remove from heat and stir in mustard for a kick.