This versatile side dish is a healthy and delish swap for mashed potatoes. Rach likes to pair it with her Stuffing Swirl Rolled Turkey Breast with Maple Mustard Gravy.
- 1 large head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets of similar size
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp, white cheddar cheese
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- About 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
Boil cauliflower florets in salted water to tender; drain. Warm the stock in a small pot. For smoother mashed cauliflower, place florets in food processer with EVOO and season with salt and pepper. For a coarser mash, use a potato masher. Stir in cheese, a little nutmeg to taste and chives.