How To Make Korean-Style Chicken and Vegetables | Sheet Pan Supp…
Rach's French Onion Risotto + Kyan Douglas' Favorite At-Home Gro…
Queer Eye's Karamo Gives Viewers Advice + Rach's One-Pot Dinner
Rach's Stuffed Shells 2 Ways + Jacques Pépin's Salmon Au Gratin
Katherine Heigl Dishes On Her Netflix Show "Firefly Lane" + Rach…
Daphne Oz's Healthy & Cheesy Comfort Food + Athleisure Trends
Rach's Orecchiette With Bacon! Plus, More Q & Ray + J Questions …
Freddie Prinze Jr. Talks Family Life With Sarah Michelle Gellar …
Rach's English Muffin Bacon, Egg & Cheeseburgers + Ty Pennington…
Tim Tebow's 3 Puppies + Tasty Twist On Coffee Cake From "Girl Me…
Meet TIME's First-Ever Kid of the Year + A Resilience Expert On …
Matthew McConaughey Shares Personal Stories From His Memoir + Ra…
Clinton Kelly's No-Bake Banana Toffee Pie + Rach's Steak Caesar …
Rachael Makes a Rotisserie Chicken Dinner + Hangs With Michael P…
Jacques Pépin Cooks From Home + A Surprise Virtual Baby Shower F…
Viral Video of Man Dancing Joyfully In The Snow After Getting Hi…
Emotional Surprise For Founder of Animal Rescue Non-Profit That …
How Do Rachael & John Take Their Coffee + How Much Do They Drink…
How To Make Spicy Fried Chicken | Rachael Ray
How To Make Oil 'n' Vinegar Slaw With Poppy Seeds | Rachael Ray
Rachael + John Passionately Sing "Could Have Been Me" With John'…
Rach mixes up the sweet & spicy Korean sauce in a plastic bag and bakes everything together on a foil-lined sheet pan for a supper that's SO easy—and comes with an easy clean up. She recommends serving it with white rice.
She uses gochujang (a sweet-spicy fermented chili paste/sauce) in this recipe, which you can find in a tub, jar or squeeze bottle in the international aisle or order online. (Rach likes this one: Bibigo Gochujang.)
Rach's Note to Cooks: Feel free to swap in other veggies here—you can use broccoli/broccolini or Chinese broccoli, large carrots cut on bias, or large cubes of butternut squash (2 to 3 pounds in total weight).
For more incredibly easy sheet pan recipes, try Rach's Greek Sheet Pan Chicken — which was one of our most popular recipes of 2020. For more sheet pan dinner recipes from this episode, check out Gail Simmons' Moroccan-Style Chicken with Apricots, Olives & Lemons and Ronnie Woo's Teriyaki Salmon With Baby Bok Choy.
- ¼ cup gochujang (a sweet-spicy fermented chili paste/sauce)
- 1 tablespoon gochugaru (Korean chili flakes) or chili powder of choice FOR EXTRA SPICY preparation (optional)
- ¼ cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, shoyu or tamari
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped or thinly sliced
- 2 inches ginger, wide grated or chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 large parsnips, peeled and quartered, or 2 turnips, cleaned and cut into 6 wedges
- 6 large shallots or 3 medium red onions, quartered lengthwise
- 3 baby bok choy, trimmed and quartered, or 1 pound Savoy cabbage, in wedges or chunks
- 8 to 10 pieces chicken, bone-in, skin-on, white and dark meat
- Salt and pepper
- 2 watermelon radishes, thinly sliced and cut into matchsticks, or 3 large radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Pickled giardiniera vegetables, drained and chopped (½ cup), or pickled jalapeño or cherry pepper rings, or peppadews, mild/sweet or hot
Toss sauce ingredients in a large plastic food storage bag and line a sheet pan with foil. Preheat oven to 425˚F with rack at center.
Stir up dressing in small bowl for radishes and scallions.
Add vegetables to bag of sauce and toss, then remove, shaking all excess sauce back into bag, and add to pan. Season chicken with salt and pepper, add to bag and let it coat in the rest of sauce and arrange on the sheet pan and scatter the vegetables among the meat.
Place in oven and roast 40 to 50 minutes until juices run clear and vegetables brown at edges.
Meanwhile, toss the radishes and scallions with dressing and season with a little salt.
Top sheet pan with radishes, sesame seeds and pickled hot vegetables or peppers and serve with white rice.