Mediterranean flavors infuse this super-quick-to-prep chicken dinner finished with fresh parsley and lemon zest from the Whole30 diet founder Melissa Hartwig.
Learn more about what you should and shouldn't eat on the Whole30 diet here.
Adapted from "The Whole30 Slow Cooker" by Melissa Hartwig. Copyright © 2018 by Melissa Hartwig. Used with permission by Houghton Mifflin. All rights reserved.
- One 12-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and sliced (make sure to get Whole30-compliant product)
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, or chicken bone broth (make sure to get Whole30-compliant product)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons garlic and herb seasoning, make sure to get Whole30-compliant product
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olves, quartered (make sure to get Whole30-compliant product)
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
In a 3½- to 4-quart slow cooker, combine the red peppers, onion, broth, garlic, and salt. Top with the chicken; sprinkle with the garlic and herb seasoning. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 2 hours.
Transfer the chicken and vegetables to a serving platter. Discard the cooking liquid. Top the chicken with the olives, parsley, and lemon zest. Drizzle with the olive oil.