Rachael’s Chorizo and Butternut Tacos
Hilary Swank On Her Romantic Wedding In The Woods + Rach's Chori…
Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Butternut Squash and Chicken …
How to Make Turkey & Chorizo Soft Tacos By Rachael
Ground Chicken and Chorizo Tacos
How To Make Chile Relleno with Chorizo Casserole By Rachael
Jane Leeves’ Roasted Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato with Arug…
Butternut Squash and Escarole Lasagna
Sausage and Butternut Squash Skillet Supper
Spicy Butternut and Vegetable 'Stoup'
Chipotle Sweet Potato and Chorizo Quesadillas
- 2 limes
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or finely chopped
- 1 large or 2 small jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper sauce, Rach's go-to is Frank's RedHot
- 3 plum or vine tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 avocados, pit removed and scooped from skin
- A small handful of cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 small butternut squash, halved, peeled, seeded, and cut into bite-sized pieces
- Olive oil spray
- Salt and pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 pound Mexican chorizo
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small mild red or green pepper or poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 jalapeño or Fresno (milder) chili peppers or a combo, seeded and finely chopped
- 12 blue corn stand-up hard taco shells
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded smoked cheddar cheese
- Thinly shredded red cabbage
- Wedges of lime
- Pickled sliced jalapeno pepper rings
- Toasted and salted pepitas
For the Pico-Guac, to a bowl, add the juice of 2 limes, the onion, garlic, and jalapeno peppers and let stand 5-10 minutes. Add cumin, cayenne sauce, tomatoes, avocados, cilantro or parsley and mash up, then adjust salt. Transfer to serving bowl and top with scallions.
For squash, preheat oven to 450˚F and arrange the squash on a baking sheet and spray with oil. Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg, cinnamon and chili powder. Roast to tender and brown at edges, 25 minutes. Reduce heat to 325˚F.
In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown and crumble the chorizo in olive or vegetable oil, then add onions, garlic and peppers and cook until onions are translucent. Add half a cup of water and let it absorb.
Line the shells with cheeses and roast to toast, 5 minutes.
Combine squash with chorizo and transfer to serving dish.
Tacos: cheese-lined tacos filled with chorizo and squash, top with cabbage, lime, Pico-Guac, pickled jalapeno rings and pepitas.