How To Make Rach's Spanakopi-tata | Greek-Inspired Frittata | Br…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne Talks Season 2 + Rach's Maple Pork Chop…
How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce |…
The Covid Vaccines Explained | Physician + "Doctors" Host Dr. Ia…
Is The Covid Vaccine Safe? Dr. Ian On Why It's Worth The (Very S…
Soon-To-Be Mom of 6 On Relationship With Her Oldest Child: "I ca…
When Can You Get The Covid Vaccine? A Doctor Breaks Down Current…
Why You Should Still Get The Vaccine If You've Already Had Covid…
Chef Curtis Stone's Fried Chicken + Rachael's Chicken With Pears…
Sterling K. Brown On Filming Latest Season Of This Is Us + Rach'…
Rach's Bacon & Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce + Al…
Rach shares a frittata recipe inspired by spanakopita (Greek spinach pie).
"One egg per inch of pan is the formula I use, so an 8-inch yields 2 to 3 portions, a 12-inch yields 5 to 6 portions." –Rach
For more Mediterranean ideas, check out these healthy recipes:
- ½ seedless cucumber, chopped
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- ½ cup flat parsley, chopped
- Extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- 1 pound fresh medium-size leaf spinach, stemmed (or one 16-ounce bag frozen spinach, defrosted and drained)
- 8 to 12 eggs
- 8 to 12 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (use the same math as with the eggs)
- ½ cup toasted breadcrumbs
- Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cups lightly crushed potato chips
- Sliced pepperoncini rings, optional
Combine relish ingredients in small bowl. Reserve for topping
Preheat oven to 375˚F.
Heat a few inches of water to boil, salt it and cook spinach 2 minutes, then drain and cold shock and drain again, remove excess liquid in kitchen towel. Chop the spinach.
Whisk up eggs with feta and toasted breadcrumbs, then season with salt, black pepper and oregano.
Heat a nonstick oven-safe skillet over medium heat, add EVOO and melt butter into it, add onions and season with salt, soften a few minutes, add a splash (¼ to ⅓ cup ) water and let it absorb, add garlic, chopped spinach, red pepper, juice of ½ lemon and nutmeg, cook another minute or 2, then pour in egg mixture, gently combine and let the eggs settle a minute, transfer to oven and bake 15 minutes, remove and add potato chips, setting them into eggs, return to oven 5 to 7 minutes to golden.
Let the frittata cool a bit on wire rack, slide out of pan and top with relish and chopped pepperoncini, cut to serve.