How To Make Fish or Chicken Soft Tacos | Rachael Ray
Rach's French Onion Risotto + Kyan Douglas' Favorite At-Home Gro…
Queer Eye's Karamo Gives Viewers Advice + Rach's One-Pot Dinner
Rach's Stuffed Shells 2 Ways + Jacques Pépin's Salmon Au Gratin
Katherine Heigl Dishes On Her Netflix Show "Firefly Lane" + Rach…
Daphne Oz's Healthy & Cheesy Comfort Food + Athleisure Trends
Rach's Orecchiette With Bacon! Plus, More Q & Ray + J Questions …
Freddie Prinze Jr. Talks Family Life With Sarah Michelle Gellar …
Rach's English Muffin Bacon, Egg & Cheeseburgers + Ty Pennington…
Tim Tebow's 3 Puppies + Tasty Twist On Coffee Cake From "Girl Me…
Meet TIME's First-Ever Kid of the Year + A Resilience Expert On …
Matthew McConaughey Shares Personal Stories From His Memoir + Ra…
Clinton Kelly's No-Bake Banana Toffee Pie + Rach's Steak Caesar …
Rachael Makes a Rotisserie Chicken Dinner + Hangs With Michael P…
Jacques Pépin Cooks From Home + A Surprise Virtual Baby Shower F…
Viral Video of Man Dancing Joyfully In The Snow After Getting Hi…
Emotional Surprise For Founder of Animal Rescue Non-Profit That …
How Do Rachael & John Take Their Coffee + How Much Do They Drink…
How To Make Spicy Fried Chicken | Rachael Ray
How To Make Oil 'n' Vinegar Slaw With Poppy Seeds | Rachael Ray
Rachael + John Passionately Sing "Could Have Been Me" With John'…
Choose between fish + chicken for Rach's delish soft tacos that come with pickled red onions, jalapeños + a spicy crema sauce.
Shopping tip: For the chipotle hot sauce in the spicy crema sauce, Rach likes Tabasco Chipotle.
"Is it Friday or Tuesday? For some, Fridays are for fish, and for others, tacos are for Tuesdays. For us, these we will make and enjoy 24/7. We serve these tacos with green rice and black beans." –Rach
Try pairing these with John's Spicy Mango Margaritas, which he whipped up using fresh mango puree.
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vinegar, white or cider
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 small-medium red onion, very thinly sliced or mandolin sliced
- 1 large jalapeño pepper or 2 medium, very thinly sliced
- 1½ pounds white firm fish, such as cod filet, or chicken tenders or chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin (a palmful)
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander (a palmful)
- 1 tablespoon ground ancho or mild blended chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (half a palmful)
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano
- About 1½ teaspoons granulated garlic
- About 1½ teaspoons granulated onion
- About 1½ teaspoons salt
- About 1½ teaspoons pepper
- 1 cup crema, sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chipotle paste in a tube or chipotle hot sauce
- 2 to 3 tablespoons neutral oil or olive oil
- ½ small red cabbage, cored, quartered and very thinly sliced
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped, or Pico de Gallo
- 1½ cups cotija cheese, crumbled, or queso fresco
- Small wedges of lime
- 16 corn tortillas, warmed in nonstick skillet or to package directions
For the pickled red onions and jalapeño peppers, combine sugar, salt and vinegar with juice of 1 lime, then add onions and jalapeño and toss and let sit at least 30 minutes. Toss to serve.
For the seasoning and protein, cut fish into planks 1-inch –by-3-inches long. Cut tenders in half or breasts into strips then planks. Toss with seasoning and let stand 20 minutes to couple of hours. (Save extra seasoning for future use.)
For the sauce, mix in bowl to spoon or funnel into a plastic squeeze bottle.
To prepare and serve, heat a large skillet over medium-high to high heat with oil and cook fish or chicken to brown and just cook through on each side in 2 batches, 4 to 5 minutes per batch.
Serve with fixings in tacos. We build the tacos like this: sauce, protein, cabbage, pickled onions, tomatoes or pico and cheese.